Scientists commonly refer to the Moringa Oleifera (Moringa) as the ‘miracle tree’ due the myriad of nutritional benefits offered by all parts of the plant.
Grown in various regions Africa (among others), the moringa tree is affectionately referred to in East Africa as ‘mother’s best friend’.
Wala Moringa Oil
Moringa seeds, which are taken from the drumstick, are cold-pressed into an unrefined oil, and subsequently into a refined oil, both of which appeal to the cosmetics industry. Key characteristics and applications of moringa oil include:
- High vitamins A and C content, which makes it appropriate for use in body and hair care product
- Body moisturising in the form of creams, lotions, balms, as well as hair care formulations in the form of shampoos, conditioners and treatments
- Long lasting oil, with a shelf life of 2-3 years due to robust antioxidant properties
- Spreads easily on the skin, and is renowned for massage and aromatherapy applications
Muula Moringa Powder
Ripe moringa leaves are hand-picked, appropriately sorted to retain its potent nutrients, shade-dried and then ground into a fine powder. Moringa powder consists of a unique combination of powerful antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and proteins, and mixes well with functional foods. The benefits of moringa powder include:
· Heighten levels of concentration, mental focus and aletrness
· Improved energy and stamina levels for endurance activities
· Supports weight loss by stabilising blood-sugar levels.